Culture capital, steeped in history – and currently the world’s most visited city – London has long been a leading destination for the fashion conscious. It’s also where T.M.Lewin was born 116 years ago.
Once you’ve visited the Queen at Buckingham Palace, double-checked the time at Big Ben and emptied your bank account on Oxford Street, you might like to check out a few of our favourite things?
1. Take a stroll along the South Bank and take in the spectacular views of some of London’s most iconic sights. The route from the Royal Festival Hall to the BFI, The National Theatre and along to Tate Britain is littered with an impressive array of street artists, things to see, things to do and places to eat
2. Join a free art tour at the National Gallery, home to over 2,300 masterpieces from around the globe and widely considered the home of one of the collections of paintings. Art lover or not, you’d be mad to miss it. The gallery offers free 60 minute guided tours lead by gallery lecturers
3. Drop by Claridges for Afternoon Tea and a taste of century-old quintessentially English tradition. Relax and enjoy ultimate in sumptuous cosiness as you feast on delicate cucumber sandwiches, perfectly formed pastries and mouthwatering scones. There’s is a reason why Claridges has been serving afternoon tea for 150 years. From £62 per person
4. Buy a bouquet at Columbia Road on a Sunday, when this famous market street is lined with bucket upon bucket of beautiful fresh flowers. Pause to check out some cute shops along the way and pop into The Royal Oak for some of London’s best Gastro Pub Grub.
5. Leave the hustle and bustle of central London behind you and escape to a little slice of heaven 100ft above Kensington High Street. With gardens spanning 1.5 acres, its own flamingos and a one of the most tempting selection of cocktails in West London, you may never want to leave the Kensington Rooftop Gardens. Head to the 7th floor and admire the breathtaking view of London’s skyline from the eclectic restaurant Babylon, open daily. And f you’re looking to party into the early hours, get yourself on to the guest list of the exclusive the private members club, where the dress code is ‘no effort, no entry’.
Win the look
For six weeks from Monday 16th February, to celebrate the launch of the new Spring campaign, we’re giving you the chance to win some weekly city-inspired outfits. Week one is London, and entering is easy. All you have to do is share a photo of yourself wearing your favourite T.M.Lewin look.
Then, when we’ve finished exploring each of our six style destinations, you’ll be automatically entered into our grand prize draw too, where you could end up winning a weekend break to your chosen city, worth up to £2000.
Explore all of our city inspired looks here.
The post Global Style: London appeared first on .