It’s been a major inspiration for our new SS15 menswear collections but the Italian city of Milan isn’t all about the fashion. It’s also a thriving cosmopolitan business capital and a paradise for history, architecture, shopping, and fabulous food.
Planning a trip? Then best check out our top five favourite places to visit while you’re there.
1. Hop on an evening tram and dine in style as you travel. Aboard the beautifully restored ATMosfera tram, you can soak up the sights from the comfort your opulent teak carriage. Trams depart every lunch time at 1pm and every dinner time at 8pm from the Piazza Castello. A trip will set you back about 65 Euros for a set meal and two hour tour.
2. Shop in style at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele with its vast glass-and-iron dome, marble floorways and magnificent mosaics. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most glamorous shopping malls and well stocked with all the famous Italian fashion houses, including the first ever Prada Store.
3. Navigate your way along the bohemian Navigli waterways and immerse yourself in Milanese city culture. A canal-side stroll will allow you to explore the old craftsmen houses now converted into artists’ studios, cafes and restaurants. It is the perfect way to escape the main tourist hub and experience the city as a local.
4. Marvel at the Last Supper, it’s one of the world’s most iconic images after all. Tickets to see this masterpiece are like gold dust though, so we’d suggest you book well in advance of your trip. When you get there, you’ll have a swift 15 minutes to take in the fresco (but it’s well worth it).
5. Soak up the amazing views from the top of the Duomo at the heart of the city. It’s a must-see. The ornate façade is said to reflect the city’s creativity and ambition and on a clear day, you may be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of snow-capped Alps in the distance.
Win The Look
For six weeks from Monday 16th February, to celebrate the launch of the new Spring campaign, we’re giving you the chance to win some weekly city-inspired outfits. Week three is Milan, and entering is easy. All you have to do is share a photo of yourself wearing your favourite T.M.Lewin look.
Then, when we’ve finished exploring each of our six style destinations, you’ll be automatically entered into our grand prize draw too, where you could end up winning a weekend break to your chosen city, worth up to £2000.
Explore all of our city inspired looks here.
The post Global Style: Milan appeared first on .